Monday, June 23, 2008

About Me (Disclaimer)

I've loved horses my entire life. My favorite game at recess was gallopping around the soccer field and challenging my horse-crazy friend to stakes races and show jumping competitions. Incidently, I got teased a lot. It took many, many years for me to stop caring. These days, the first sentence out of someone's mouth if they describe me is, "She...is a horse...FANATIC."

I'm essentially a horse slut. I fall in love with any horse I spend more than 2 minutes with. Since I moved to Vegas 2 years ago, I can name off at least 10 horses I seriously considered buying. Although I never met a particular breed I didn't like, Thoroughbreds are my Achilles Heel. A Thoroughbred that used to race is like crack to me. I don't know why. I tried switching to sounder, saner breeds and I always come back to TB's. I give up.

I've started this blog because it only took 20 years to finally find the horse of my dreams (an OTTB, of course) and I want to share my experiences in practicing Parelli Natural Horsemanship with other like-minded horse freaks. This is where I check "yes" on the inevitable terms of acceptance than non-NH people will slander me, and very adamantly express their opinion that NH is bullshit and pointless and Pat Parelli is the biggest asshole on the planet. I honestly do not care. Opinions are about the only thing people are truly, naturally entitled to. Non-NHer's (who may affectionately and respectfully be referred to as "normies") going to have to agree to disagree on training methods. There will be more about this in a later post. All I ask to anyone who wishes to make fun of me is to PLEASE check your spelling and grammar, I simply canNOT be offended by someone who says, "ur a fukin looser nda i think parelee sux n ur hors is ugly 2!!111!!"

When I post on the Savvy Club forum, I try to be very respectful and keep my language G-rated. The gloves are off on this forum. It is my blog, and I have a mouth like a sailor when I get riled up (or am too lazy to censor myself). Humor is one of my biggest allies and defense mechanisms. I make terrible jokes, make remarks that are in truly bad taste, and bleed sarcasm whether the situation is appropriate or not.

This blog will include the trials and tribulations of being a 1st time horse owner as well as my road to Savvy. Don't ever hesitate to yabber on about your own experiences in my comments section!

Keep it Savvy and see you around the blogspot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your sense of humour (NZ spelling! :-))

Have fun blogging - I find non PNH's don't find (or can't be bother reading) my blog which is cool.

Also - you can choose which commenst you publish so just don't publish anything you don't like - they'll soon get bored.

Have fun blogging - it's very addictive!! Photos too please!!

Vicki