Monday, June 30, 2008

Fly Remedies

Not much in the Jet department today because I almost passed out during Porcupine in the 106 degree heat. I should have messed with him when it was cooler, but I got preoccupied putting SWAT ointment on some geriatrics. BTW, if you don't already have SWAT for open wounds, RUN (don't walk!) to the nearest feed/tack store and buy an industrial-sized tub of it! It's specifically designed to keep flies from turning an angry sore on your horse into a Thanksgiving feast. After smearing some on a wound that took up nearly the entire surface area of a horse named Vista's (such a sweet old lady) cheek, the stuff WOULD NOT come off my hands, and got rubbed in over my arms. The flies avoided me like the plague for the rest of the day. I've never seen a fly repellent like it. I know, you're all reading this thinking, "PSH! Who DOESN'T know about SWAT??" But this is really the first time I've had real bona fide EXPERIENCE in horse care, particularly first aid.

Tomorrow Zone 1 gets tackled. I'm sure Jet will give me plenty to write about when I get home!

No comments: