Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maybe It's NOT About the Treats

Only got to say hello to Jet for a couple of minutes. We took an equine biology class up at the ranch and then I had to get home to sleep (I work graveyard). Of course, it's after 3 and I have to get ready at 8, and I'm blogging...
Anyway, I was thoroughly convinced when Jet realized we had no treats to greet him with, his attitude would be, "The hell with you," and he'd saunter off, flanked by Blahnik, who would also give us the stink-eye to boot.
Actually, not only did Jet catch ME, but when he discovered the absence of treats, he simply DEMANDED scratches and face massages. He even reached around and groomed my shoulder while I was scratching his neck! I left with the warm fuzzies. Jet didn't walk away from the fence until he saw us turn the corner. Lately I've been hell bent on Natural Attraction, and it's been VERY interesting. It's the little things that have meant the most and will hopefully have a larger impact on what's to come.
Think this Parelli stuff is working...

2 comments:

Karie said...

Ive been working on the catching game as well. Jojo is pretty easy to attract, but Magic, my LBI can be a bit hard but i got her attention the other day!
Thats cool that he waited while you drove away!

Jennifer said...

Isn't that just the best feeling?